Thread: Tawse Care

Default Tawse Care

Apologies if this topic has been covered before,
    I have recently purchased a two tail tawse from EBAY.
    It is not new and show some signs of age & wear.
    Apart from regular use what is the best way to rejuvenate it ?
    Are there any lotions or oils that cane be used.

Peter

Default Re: Tawse Care

John J Dick advises

If you leave it in full sun it will fade, in a very dry atmosphere it will dry and possibly crack and in a damp cupboard it will go mouldy so please avoid doing these things! If it gets soaked on a long rainy walk treat it like you would a good pair of leather shoes, unbuckle all straps pack gently with scrunched up newspaper (undyed tissue paper for light coloured items) and leave in a well ventilated place to dry naturally please never ever force dry leather or suede.In normal use very little maintenance will be required. If it gets a little dirty or to remove a stain use saddle soap on leather and a suede cleaner on suede, never use detergent! You might want to give leather a bit of a polish up from time to time a neutral shoe polish applied sparingly and buffed up well is as good as anything. If the leather has gotten a wee bit scuffed use the appropriate coloured shoe polish but take care to buff up really well so that no residue transfers to your clothes.

http://www.johndick-leathergoods.co....f_products.htm

Personally I like the scuffs and marks, it's fun contemplating how they got there.