Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: help regarding login

Quote Originally Posted by algonania View Post
    I am asked to check that members having this problem have cookies enabled and that they have checked the "remember me" box.

Regards

Chief bottom
    "Yes" to both questions. I am a member of at least two other Forum sites which use the same software as this one (albeit a different release), and successfully remain logged in for months on end, despite my computer being shutdown for lengthy periods during the same time.

That said, this is my first visit here since installing and starting to use Firefox as a browser instead of IE7, and it seems like the problem may have been cured, for me at least, by this change. I've closed out of the site and come back three times prior to posting, and remained logged in, closing out in IE7 has always logged me out previously. I'll check back tomorrow after the computer has been closed down and restarted to see if the cookie survives through that as well.

Looking forward to hearing what happens...

Yup, still logged in with Firefox.

XP SP3 IE7 combination logs me out every time I close out of the site, despite cookies enabled and "remember me" being checked. XP SP3 Firefox combination works perfectly.

On a seperate issue, don't know if its related or not, but why does the URL in the address bar remain unchanged regardless of whatever page on the site you are on? Obviously different pages have different URL's otherwise you couldn't get away from the first page you land on, but this doesn't show in the address bar, this is the only site I've ever been on that it didn't.

Regardless of what page I'm on, this is the only URL ever shown in the address bar http://www.spankingcontacts.co.uk/

It doesn't present any problem when navigating the site, but it makes the 'refresh' button useless, and means you can only bookmark this site to the "Welcome to Spanking Contacts" text only on gray background page, using the 'refresh' button, regardless of which page you are on takes you back to that same text page too.

I'm pretty sure I used to have the Index page of this site successfully bookmarked on a previous computer which ran XP SP2 and, I think IE6. If I ever get that old beast to work again I'll come back on it and see where the old bookmark takes me to.

That's very interesting, thank you. I'll pass that along the line and see if what can be deduced from the information.

Can some other sufferers try Firefox and establish more clearly whether in an IE issue?

Best

No problems with XP and Firefox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12